I have been rocking a TAG style in the leaderboard freerolls and i have been making the cash at least once a day, many times 2 or 3 times a day. I dont want to complain about cashing but it seems like once i make the money that im having a hard time chipping up. I do play aggressive before the bubble because i know people will fold a higher % of the time but what about after the bubble?
what do you suggest to help me run deep more often?
Joined: Mar '12
Location: South Africa
Age: 45 (M)
I find that as soon as the bubble bursts all the low stacks just hit the allin button with atc so i tend to wait maybe ten hands then play aggressively until you have a healthy stack, but then dont forget to keep a close eye on chip averages so you can change gear again and slow your play down and make sensible money.
Posted by dorsetdave: I find that as soon as the bubble bursts all the low stacks just hit the allin button with atc so i tend to wait maybe ten hands then play aggressively until you have a healthy stack, but then dont forget to keep a close eye on chip averages so you can change gear again and slow your play down and make sensible money.
I find this too, but its really hard to find spots to get your money in good, since the mindset of the playres in the tourny is that they have already won by making the cash.
'ive noticed once the bubble breaks it goes from 2-3 players per pot to 5-6 players once we are ITm
Im testing opening up my prf 3-betting range for isolation, but it seems when i do this im getting pushed on, and then 2 callers ahead of me normally.
how do i combat the crazy aggressiveness of post bubble players
Joined: May '08
Age: 32 (M)
when you are in the money- go all in every hand until you become chip leader/or bust out no really when you are itm you must loosen up a bit, depending on the blinds and your stack this might be asap or if you have a decent pile you can just look for right moments (will not say what those are, because i have no idea )
i agree that aggresive play is the way to win tournaments, but when you raise people are almost always pushing all in on me. so i have to narrow my raising range to a range that i can call all in with. of course this has a lot to do with relative stack sizes of me, and my opponents but in a general sense 90% of the post-bubble players are in push or fold mode, and the other 10% has all the chips and are just sitting on them
Joined: Oct '10
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 54 (M)
You need to pick your spots in POSITION. The players with low stacks will push with marginal hands so you can take advantage of this. Dont play multi way pots either less chance of winning. dont play or raise marginals out of position as what do you do to a reraise push you will just blead chips.