When PokerStars officially announced the comeback of PCA or the PokerStars Caribbean Adventure in 2018, the poker community is all thumbs up as they believe the giant online poker company made a good move, as PCA is deemed a very special and usually traveled-to event.
One aspect that often defines the PCA is the several numbers of satellite qualifiers, and PokerStars promises that they will make sure to give all of their interested joiners a fighting chance. The chance to turn some pocket money into a whopping millions of dollars while vacationing in a lovely Caribbean scenery has been the classic PCA dream ever of the average poker player since PokerStars started sending hundreds of satellite winners to the Atlantis Paradise Island Resort.
The PCA is regarded as one of the most popular poker tourneys amongst players, as not only they could have the chance to enjoy a free vacation in the Bahamas at the beginning of the year, but also they can develop and hone their poker skills more and make a pretty decent living. The recent format of the PokerStars Championship Bahamas had 98 events in total and a $5,300 Main Event. This time, PokerStars has said that in its 2018 edition, it will bring back the traditional format which has around 30 events only and a $10,300 Main Event.
PokerStars announced an exclusive "Road To the Bahamas" program that will enable up to 400 poker players to quality for the 2018 PCA. PokerStars further announced that players have multiple ways on how they can qualify for the PCA and also win a PCA full package that includes: $1,000 deposited in their PokerStars account, a seat at the $10,300 Main Event, a hotel room accommodation at the Atlantis (9 nights' stay; check-in January 6, check out January 15; covers one player and one guest) plus $1,000 in credits for them to use at the hotel.
Director of Poker Marketing at PokerStars David Carrion said, "Road to Bahamas is one of our biggest qualifying events ever and what better occasion to pull this off than the return of the PCA? We want to share the unique PCA experience with as many of our players as possible and we look forward to welcoming all of the successful qualifiers for some incredible poker memories in January."
Here are the six ways you can qualify for the 2018 PCA:
1. Stars Rewards: More than $1 million in PCA satellite tickets will be added to Stars Rewards Chests from September 25 to November 5.
2. Spin & Go Qualifiers: Special qualifying tournaments will have a host of prizes added, from $55 PCA Satellite tickets to full PCA packages worth $15,855.
3. Sit & Go On Demand: Special 18-player $55 Sit & Go satellites will award $530 PCA Ultra Satellite tickets.
4. $55 Multi-Table-Tournament Satellites: For players who like larger scale tournaments, $55 MTTs will also be awarding PCA seats, packages and satellite tickets.
5. Cash Game Daily Challenges: On completion of a daily puzzle, players will be registered to an All-in Shootout for the chance to qualify for Road to Bahamas Cash Game Weekly Finals which will each have a $50,000 prize pool and one PCA Package to be won.
6. Spin & Go Weekly Challenges: Accumulate 25 points by playing different Spin & Go's to qualify for Weekly Finals which also have prize pools of $50,000 and PCA packages to be won.
For detailed information on the above qualifier options, please click here.
The 2018 PCA shall be held at the Atlantis Paradise Island Resort and will run from January 6 to 14, 2018.
New to PokerStars? Get your $600 Welcome Bonus here!
PS. In November and December, Bankrollmob.com is running freerolls at PokerStars and Full Tilt. Click here for more info.