Joined: Feb '09
Age: 67 (M)
Posted by Davoodoo:
Posted by Jaskosss:
No, it's betraiser, rake free and all that shyt
So how do they earn money ? By having huge cash out fees ? Too tired to search on google ...
You pay a 10% fee on your cash out, but you deduct deposits first. So essentially you pay 10% on your withdrawn profit.
That is definitely very, very cheap. Compare it with a rake-based scheme where you pay rake per hand, then you win some, lose some, win some, lose some, and, if you are a very good player your rake paid is usually a similar amount to your overall profit - i.e. not 10% of profit, but 100% of profit. If you're not so good then obviously you pay even a larger percentage of rake to profit.
With Betraiser's scheme, you also have more profit because you haven't had all that rake deducted. That does make a surprisingly huge difference. Check out how much rake you've been paying on other sites - you may be surprised. It can easily make the difference between being a winning or losing player.
And at Betraiser if you're not a winning player, or don't withdraw - you pay nothing.
I've been playing there for over a year and I'm not a great player but am making lots of money (see my blog). There are a few decent players, but the vast majority are weak. TBH you don't really need to worry about bankroll management there. I am careful everywhere else, but at Betraiser I tend to withdraw most of my money, leave about €50 in and build it again each time. They have under-subscribed guaranteed MTTs all day with only about 50 entrants. You can build your bankroll with them, combined with the cash games.
Joined: Feb '09
Age: 67 (M)
Ah, I forgot about that! That was a real pain in the ass! However, I think this may have been fixed now as I've not had this problem for a few months.
Previously, the software would get very sluggish after a month or so of use, especially when multi-tabling. I used to fix it by uninstalling the software and downloading and re-installing it. It sounds like a lot of hassle but only took five minutes. After that everything ran smoothly. My theory is that the software was writing to a temporary files which was never truncated or deleted, so this open/locate/write/close operation took a long time after a while with a huge file, and multiple update threads weren't synchronized which would explain the bigger access delay with multiple tables.
As I said, I hope it's been fixed now, as I certainly haven't had the problem lately. If any of you are still suffering maybe you need uninstall & reinstall one last time in order to clear out any old temp files. Then you'll find the software much more responsive. I remember it was such a relief the first time I did this