Joined: Aug '07
Age: 38 (M)
* March 2009: New section added below, "Post Rating (Good/Poor)" * September 2008: Points for polls & new rules, new subforums * June 2008: Image upload added, text formatting made easier * February 2008: Updated section about the Edit-button. * January 2008: Added some extra to the "LAST UPDATED THREADS"-section below.
* IMAGES You have 2 (well, 3) ways to include images in your post, depending on what kind of include you want.
1) Paste the image URL within [*img] and [*/img] tags (without the *), and the image will be resized and placed in the right side of your post. People can click it to view a larger version.
2) Paste the image URL within [*img2] and [*/img2] tags (without the *), and the image will be included directly in your post, where you place the "img2" tags. NOTE: Do not include images that are too wide to fit in the forum, this will cause your thread to look weird, so use with caution!
3) Upload images directly to BankrollMob. You can upload images of up to 3Mb in filesize (depending on how fast your Internet connection can upload). Images will be resized to a maximum of 800px wide. A thumbnail will be attached to the bottom of your post. People can click the thumbnail to view the larger version.
Do not post any pictures that's violating in any way!
* URL'S / EMAILS As you probably know, URL's and emails can be written like http://www.bankrollmob.com or just www.bankrollmob.com , and the system will convert them into links.
Do not post links to websites offering poker/casino bonuses like BankrollMob. Also it's not allowed to post any personal contact details (email/MSN etc), as per our rules.
* REPORT -button Below each post, there's a "Report" button. Use this button to get the attention of a bankrollmob staff member. The forum is growing with such a fast rate that we cannot keep up with the every post. So if you see somebody posting links to competing sites or similar, swears etc or says bad things about somebodys mother, use the "Report"-button and we'll get notified and attend to it as soon as possible.
Also the report button can be used if there's an unanswered question that needs the admin's attention.
* LAST UPDATED THREADS Use the "Last Updated Threads"-section at our forum frontpage, to get the best overview of threads with activity. From this section, you can also click the "time indication" (usually says Today, Yesterday or just a date) below the thread subject, and the last post in thread will be displayed to you directly on the frontpage!
* EDIT-button Under each post you will find the Edit button, which enables you to edit your post for up to 1 hour after it was first posted. If you have a post/thread that you would like to be able to edit forever, use the "report" button and send us a notice about it, we will then decide if you should have permissions to always edit the desired post.
* QUICK REPLY You probably know it already (hopefully), clicking the "Reply" button below each post, will enable the textarea for input and scroll your browser down to it. If you don't like your mouse, you can use keyboard shortcuts instead. Use ALT+R (or CTRL+R on some systems) to enable the reply area and scroll to it, write your message, and hit ALT+S (or CTRL+S) to submit the message. Reply done - mouseless!
* FORMATTING TEXT You can make text bold by using [*b] and [*/b] around the text. Or italic with [*i] and [*/i], or underlined with [*u] and [*/u]. You can also centre text by using [*center] and [*/center]. Just be sure to remove the * from the tags, or it won't work.
We will add buttons to quick formatting text, eventually...
* "SPONSORED" LINKS Some words in the forum will have a dotted underline, indicating it's not a normal link but rather a "sponsored" link. Though we don't plan on "selling words" in our forum, these links will mostly be used for our own purposes, ie. linking to our own bonus offers for certain sites. Example: If you click on this link, Titan Poker, it will take you to our Titan Poker no deposit bonus.
* POKERSITE SUBFORUMS In our forum you will find a few subforums, like "Action Poker" and "Titan Poker". Please post threads concering pokersites in their respective subforum. We have managers from different pokersites checking those subforums once in a while.
* POLLS We now pay out points for voting in polls, just like when posting in the forum. However, to avoid abuse, only votes in "newer" polls will qualify for points. If the poll is old, you will not get points (the border between new/old is not constant).
Also, only users with at least 20 forum posts will be able to create polls, so we don't get overrun with polls. Polls can only be created in a thread no older than 24 hours.
* POST RATING (GOOD/POOR) You can rate posts by clicking the or icons in the upper right corner of a post. This can be done to show your appreciation for a certain post or if you just feel it's a good post. Also you can rate posts as "poor", if a post receives a score of -2, it will be hidden but still visible if you click the "show post"-link. If a post receives a total score of -5, it will be hidden and unable to be viewed. You can use this system to help us keep the forum clean from spammers, if a BankrollMob administrator is not available to edit/delete the post or thread.
Please note any misuse of the rating system (we check on occasions!) will cause your ratings to be removed and you will no longer be able to rate posts, so please consider using the "rate post" feature only for serious matters.
Edited by Administrator (16 March 2009 @ 22:14 GMT)
Joined: Dec '07
Age: 38 (M)
Hi Admin, I need your help.....I wrote a thread which I afterwards regret, when I see the answers and think about it perhaps go3an is right that it should not be in this kind of forum. It could be taken the wrong way. I dont think it violates the forum rules but still, maybe just best to erase/edit.
Can I do this when I get the edit button or could you help me?
Joined: Oct '07
Age: 60 (M)
I would like to see the function that makes a long thread sliced on several pages. Like every 25 post it automatically makes a new page, like page ,, and so on. Beacuse it is so frustrating when you're looking at a long thread and you have to scroll down for ages. Is this possible admin?
Joined: Jan '08
Age: 57 (M)
Posted by rajko: I would like to see the function that makes a long thread sliced on several pages. Like every 25 post it automatically makes a new page, like page ,, and so on. Beacuse it is so frustrating when you're looking at a long thread and you have to scroll down for ages. Is this possible admin?
That would be great idea!
------------ i mean : that would be great ( and it' s a good idea