As many of you know, partypoker crashed on Sunday around 20:00 CET and several big tournaments were canceled. partypoker now reports that they have fixed the problem and will add nearly $2,000,000 to the coming Sunday's tournament schedule!
partypoker's managing director Tom Waters made the following statement: "It was a disaster for us as well as the players, the night of our biggest ever PKO tournaments and on the eve of the launch of our new Power Series. I understand that some players may not immediately return to partypoker given their experiences in the last 24 hours and I expect to see some sizeable overlays in the new Power Series MTTs that run from today. We will run the new Power Series as advertised and will not be reducing guarantees.
We will be adding additional MTTs and increased guarantees to next Sunday's Power Series schedule to ensure players do not miss out on the headline KO Series MTTs that were running yesterday when the system crashed. In total, we will be adding almost $2,000,000 to next Sunday's guaranteed prizepools:
· We will add a $1,000,000 Guaranteed, $5,200 buy-in PKO at 7pm GMT
· We will boost the advertised the Power Series 7pm GMT $215 buy-in $200,000 guaranteed Super Sunday Bounty Hunter to a $1,000,000 prizepool. This will run alongside the 5pm GMT $215 buy-in $500,000 guaranteed Super Sunday Main Event
· We will double the Power Series 7pm GMT Super Sunday Bounty Hunter $55 buy-in $100,000 guaranteed to $200,000 guaranteed
· We will increase the guaranteed prizepool in the $11 buy-in 7pm GMT Bounty Hunter from $20,000 to $50,000
· We will increase the 7pm GMT $2.20 buy-in Bounty Hunter prizepool from $5,000 to $20,000
· The 3 cancelled ladies KO events from yesterday will run next Sunday at 7pm GMT and will replace the new ladies Power Series MTTs for this week only."