On Wednesday, 23 players returned to the Hilton Prague hotel for the third and final day of the record breaking $10,300 High Roller (309 entries). Several hours after Stephen Garner won the Main Event, a handful of players were still battling it out on the High Roller final table.
It seemed like the poker gods didn't want the EPT Prague Festival to end, given that the short-stacks kept on doubling up to keep the game going. Well, eventually, only three players remained and struck deal that left €40,000 in the middle. Andrey Zaichenko held the lead with 6.4 million to the 4.7 and 4.3 of Laurynas Levinskas and Francois Billard when the cards were back in the air and he stood tall as the champion at the end of the night to collect €487,180 and a SLYDE watch.
EPT11 Prague, €10,000 NL Hold 'em High Roller Event
Places paid: 39
Prize pool: €3,028,200
1. Andrey Zaichenko (Russia) €487,180*
2. Laurynas Levinskas (Lithuania) €412,905*
3. Francois Billard (Canada) €405,260*
4. Simon Deadman (United Kingdom) €238,320
5. Viacheslav Goryachev (Russia) €186,840
6. Ole Schemion (Germany) 141,420
7. Joao Vieira (Portugal) €103,870
8. Clavio Anzalone (Italy) €76,310
* denotes three-way deal.