In 2015, the first ever Super High Roller Bowl attracted a field of 43 players despite its massive buy-in of $500,000 (Brian Rast received more than $7.5 million for winning the tournament). The team behind the SHRB has now announced that this year's edition will have a buy-in of $300,000 and feature seven 7-handed tables with a 49-seats cap - with 14 seats being reserved by Aria for non-professional.
This means that "only" 35 seats are open for other players. According to the SHRB website, the eight all-time money leaders in poker are expected to participate, including Phil Hellmuth, Antonio Esfandiari and Daniel Negreanu.
Super High Roller Bowl Quick Facts
• - May 29 - June 1 at ARIA in Las Vegas.
• - The 1st place winner will receive an estimated $5 million.*
• - The Super High Roller Bowl is an open event; invitations are not required.
• - Buy-in is $300,000. Player deposits are $30,000 and are non-refundable.
• - Sponsors will add $300,000 to the prize pool making this an historic negative rake event.
• - There is a cap of 49 players in this year's tournament.
• - Of the total 49 seats, 14 seats are reserved by ARIA for super high rollers.
• - The Super High Roller Bowl will take place from May 29th through June 1st.
• - ARIA will begin accepting deposits on January 22nd.