PokerStars Championship Barcelona Super High Roller attracted 86 entries (67 uniques, 19 re-entries) that generated a massive €4,129,290 prize pool!
The final table was packed with seasoned pros, including Daniel Negreanu, Bryn Kenney and Igor Kurganov who eventually won the tournament for €1,022,800 after defeating Poland's Bartlomiej Machon heads-up. It was Kurganov's first victory on European soil since he joined PokerStars Team Pro in spring.
"I won the first few hands of the final table and from there I never lost the chip lead," Kurganov said. "It felt easy actually. I was winning most hands, I even lost with kings to [Bryn Kenney's] king-ten but it didn't matter."
Liv Boeree, fellow Team Pro member and girlfriend of Kurganov, added a few words to the winner's interview: "Let me paraphrase for him. He's very happy. He's very emotional."
Final table results:
1. Igor Kurganov (Russia) €1,078,106*
2. Bartlomiej Machon (Poland) €864,694*
3. Koray Aldemir (Germany) €528,500
4. Dietrich Fast (Germany) €406,790
5. Ivan Luca (Argentina) €322,100
6. Christopher Kruk (Canada) €251,900
7. Bryn Kenney (United States)€198,200
8. Stanley Choi (China) €154,900
9. Daniel Negreanu (Canada) €117,700
*refelects a heads-up deal.