Seven years after the Black Friday, an event that shook the poker world with poker's big three (Full Tilt Poker, PokerStars, and Ultimate Bet) getting indicted, Chris Ferguson finally re-emerged issuing an apology for his role in it.
Despite re-emerging twice at the World Series of Poker as well as winning Player of the Year last year, the former founder of Full Tilt has never really spoken publicly about his involvements in the Black Friday scandal.
In April 2011, the Black Friday scandal revealed a number of fraud and malpractice along with reasons why they were not able to cash out its players.
In September of 2012, Howard Lederer gave lengthy interviews and explaining his side of things. However, Lederer's interviews turned out to be less than positive, as most of his explanations were unsatisfactory for the poker community. It was Chris Ferguson's silence that had more uproar. Despite being part of the core management group of Full Tilt Poker, he remained silent about the whole fiasco, until now.
Ferguson released on May 23 a 42-second video titled "Chris Ferguson reaches out to the poker community."
"Hi, it's Chris Ferguson.
I'd like to take this brief opportunity to address the poker community which I love and have been part of for a long time. I deeply regret not being able to prevent Black Friday from happening. After Black Friday, I worked relentlessly to ensure that all players got paid back, and I sincerely apologize that it took as long as it did.
I also realize it has taken me a long time to make any sort of public statement and I appreciate my fans and the poker community as a whole for the patience and support. One day, the Full Tilt Poker story will be told, and like many of you, I look forward to that day.
I hope to see you all at the World Series of Poker this summer. Thank you and good luck."
While Ferguson has not really told his side of the story regarding the scandal at this time, he does expect the story to be told one day.