(09:48 GMT)
 
Username   Password  

BankrollMob logo  
Promotions Reviews Bankrolls - Free No Deposit Offers Poker Forum News: Poker, Casino, Betting & Bingo Sport Bets Poker Freerolls & Tournaments Leaderboards Support & FAQ
transparent separator

BankrollMob Forum

BankrollMob Forum » Poker Forum » A A vs A K :D

New Thread Forums Search Subscriptions Bookmarks

  16-Apr-12, 19:43   #1
A A vs A K :D 0 
AlexSimion 
Joined: Mar '12
Location: Romania
Age: 28 (M)
Posts: 640
Don't u hate it when that happens ? holding an A K in hand , and the oppononet shows u an AA , .. just got kicked out from the 100k depositors freeroll on stars , it was the early stages , about 20-30 minutes into the game , i was in the SB position , had I limper , I make a 3X raise , then I get raised an all in by the limper , smashed my brain for about 30 sec to figure out his range , best I thought , an A 8 , A 9 ... until that point he played in a very donkey like fashion , limping on every hand , your tipical calling station strategy, anyway I call , I see mighty A A , and I get kicked out Big Smile , just hate it when that happens Big Smile

     
  16-Apr-12, 19:46   #2
  0 
shokaku 

Joined: May '08
Location: Germany
Age: 52 (M)
Posts: 6306
Just flop QJT. Problem solved. Smile

     
  16-Apr-12, 19:57   #3
  0 
B1gfoot 

Joined: Mar '08
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 37 (M)
Posts: 6714
Overplaying AK IMO, but best to bust out early like this than late if you are going to do it.
Think about it, he is a calling station, why call his AI, would ring alarm bells to me.
Assuming its OS, its only around +.60Ev

     
  16-Apr-12, 20:02   #4
  0 
AlexSimion 
Joined: Mar '12
Location: Romania
Age: 28 (M)
Posts: 640
Posted by B1gfoot:
Overplaying AK IMO, but best to bust out early like this than late if you are going to do it.
Think about it, he is a calling station, why call his AI, would ring alarm bells to me.
Assuming its OS, its only around +.60Ev

Yeah I know , but I mean , u probably would've done the same thing , you're playing tight , you get 1 donkey at the table , he just limps , u make a raise , and he goes all-in , it's a fast tournament , you'd want to build a chip stack , you're in a 2-way showdown , who would've thought he was just limping with pocket A , if the tournament was in a later stage , I would've folded it , but in early stage , I think 95 % of the people here would've called him in this situation , and the rest 5 % would've had internet connection problems Smile). Peace!

     
  16-Apr-12, 21:48   #5
  0 
Greenmohave 

Joined: Jan '11
Location: United States
Age: 53 (M)
Posts: 3361
I definitely hate it when this happens. but there has been a few occassion when you get to beat that AA down and I had mine yesterday. It was only a $2.20 SnG, but my AK hit the straight with a Q,J,10 not on the flop but the river was the Q that saved my A or should say AK.

I must say though I've lost some good games due to not reading my opponent properly or just being to ignorant to fold. Good Luck to All!

     
  16-Apr-12, 22:18   #6
  0 
occultum 
Joined: Aug '11
Location: Portugal
Age: 32 (M)
Posts: 232
Yesterday lost with KK vs AA deep on a mtt .. i don't even rage i just get "meh..." it's like anti climax situation.. i see people going all in all the time with almost any pocket pair or AK-AJ and in that tournament i really wanted to do well and i get the AA :|

Anyways sometimes it just happens .. won't happen forever.

Worst hand i've had lately tho was .. i had KK raise dude calls flop 222 i bet he raises i go all in he calls .. when he calls i know im in trouble .. he has K2. was really disgusted :<

     
  17-Apr-12, 02:13   #7
  0 
Serpang 
Joined: Jan '10
Location: Indonesia
Age: 54 (M)
Posts: 1504
Posted by AlexSimion:
Posted by B1gfoot:
Overplaying AK IMO, but best to bust out early like this than late if you are going to do it.
Think about it, he is a calling station, why call his AI, would ring alarm bells to me.
Assuming its OS, its only around +.60Ev

Yeah I know , but I mean , u probably would've done the same thing , you're playing tight , you get 1 donkey at the table , he just limps , u make a raise , and he goes all-in , it's a fast tournament , you'd want to build a chip stack , you're in a 2-way showdown , who would've thought he was just limping with pocket A , if the tournament was in a later stage , I would've folded it , but in early stage , I think 95 % of the people here would've called him in this situation , and the rest 5 % would've had internet connection problems Smile). Peace!



right !!! Freeroll. Donk . At same time, his all in maybe 22 until AA, KJ, KQ, AJ. A lot possibility Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile never mind, that's risk play freeroll specially too many player in. the important thing play MTT is ITM, since your ITM 10 - 15 % is ok, depend on strategy to play level of buy in.

     
  17-Apr-12, 06:54   #8
  0 
Macubaas 
Joined: Apr '11
Location: Romania
Age: 28 (M)
Posts: 6668
It's definately a pretty common think on tournaments but nowadays i no longer shove with AK...

Now it also depends the stage of the tournament but in general it's better to go all in with a pair than two big cards Blink

     
  17-Apr-12, 08:55   #9
  0 
pochui 

Joined: May '08
Location: Lithuania
Age: 32 (M)
Posts: 9524
yes i hate when this happens, but i hate a lot thing that happen to me at poker: i hate when i lose my bankroll, i hate when i go all in bluffing and someone calls and of course wins, i hate when full tilt goes bust and freezes my 0.36 cents, i hate that no poker site offers 1000 no deposit bonuses Big Smile

     
  17-Apr-12, 11:22   #10
  0 
bullettooth1 

Joined: Mar '11
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 32 (M)
Posts: 1636
definately overplayed the AK. i wouldv folded being so early in a tourny.

     
  17-Apr-12, 12:10   #11
  0 
mascona 

Joined: Jun '08
Location: Poland
Age: 77 (M)
Posts: 545
I think you forgot to say that this is rebuy tourney and you could stay in it if you got 30 c. Confused

     
  17-Apr-12, 12:16   #12
  0 
AlexSimion 
Joined: Mar '12
Location: Romania
Age: 28 (M)
Posts: 640
Posted by mascona:
I think you forgot to say that this is rebuy tourney and you could stay in it if you got 30 c. Confused

Yup , that also Big Smile , and I might add that the 100k freerolls are the biggest donk fests you'll ever find on stars Smile) , and bullettooth1 , it was about 25-30 min into the game , considering it is a ante-up tournament , it's not "early" , u start with a 1200 chip stack ... having about 1100 , I still consider it a situation to play your Ak.

     
  17-Apr-12, 12:17   #13
  0 
Fakiry 

Joined: Apr '09
Location: Portugal
Age: 37 (M)
Posts: 4769
You have many pros who prefer to play with AK instead of AA. Even if he was making donkey play, I noticed there are many good players who like to abuse of that, and then they call it loose aggressive strategy. Even though, I consider better to come out early of a tourney like that, with big prizes, than to go over for two or three hours and get kicked of just a couple of sits away from the prizes. That would take weeks to let your mind free. “If I only could take just a little bit longer to pass the bubble” it’s a terrible state of mind. GL next time!

     
  17-Apr-12, 14:08   #14
  0 
noonlion 

Joined: Mar '12
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 33 (M)
Posts: 1277
AK is massively overplayed - and in that spot when you hadn't committed too many chips into the pot, the blinds were low, why shove with a coin flip at best?

     
BankrollMob Forum » Poker Forum » A A vs A K :D

 
Forum Rules | Support & FAQ

© 2017 BankrollMob.com - All Rights Reserved CONTACT | ABOUT | PRIVACY POLICY | TERMS & CONDITIONS | NEWSLETTERS | AFFILIATES | REPORT SPAM | ADVERTISING
  Bookmark and Share