Joined: Feb '11
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 57 (M)
Hey....at last... Shortly after seeing this post last night I only went and won a $5 free sports bet in the splash all in game. I think I also won a $3 bet on the spinner but I can't find it. Oh well, give them all ago again tonight and see what we can come up with .
Posted by marqis: With a $20000 prize pool for about 40000 players, the expected value of a ticket is $0.50.
So with 19 tickets your EV is $9.50; that's okay is it not?
The chance that you won't get anything is, assuming 40000 players, and 8192 places paid:
(31808/40000)^19 = 1.3% so you'd have to be pretty unlucky to not win anything with your 19 tickets... Hope this makes you feel better...
I got 7 tickets, but won $5 twice, so I'm already happy I played (investment was 80 * $0.02 (900 SNG), and 1 * $0.10 (360 SNG) = $1.70, and don't remember exactly what I won, I think about $0.90 or so). I think I'll play the JJ ones too maybe...
I lost a lot of my math. but my 19 tickets are not for one tournament but 19 tournaments so my ticket have a value of $0.50 for each and i i do not understand your calculation for the 1.3%.
are you telling me that i have 1.3% chance of winning $1.00 total or in each of them.
No, I'm telling you there's only a 1.3% chance that you lose all 19 of them, and therefore a 98.7% chance that you'll get at least one prize...
Joined: Nov '13
Age: 26 (F)
I gained a lot of dollars in shootout tournaments all in the past I remember once pickup $ 32 prize, that was my best result, copper and many other times between 2 and 8 dollars For this promo I have even not a Ticket Everything is a matter of luck Only God guide our destiny and if you are marking this day touch you and be your lucky day
If its some confort to some of u - reading the structure and plan of all in tourny - you only have to survive 5 rounds of BINGO - and when there are left 8000 some players it continues regular NL Holdem so theres a chance each of u finishes at the final tabel. U can even make a deal and split 2000$ in nine ways so everybody winner . The hardest part is to survive 5 arena life or death battles your avatar confronts. But i belive in u modern gladiators
Joined: Oct '14
Age: 32 (M)
Posted by Buva13: If its some confort to some of u - reading the structure and plan of all in tourny - you only have to survive 5 rounds of BINGO - and when there are left 8000 some players it continues regular NL Holdem so theres a chance each of u finishes at the final tabel. U can even make a deal and split 2000$ in nine ways so everybody winner . The hardest part is to survive 5 arena life or death battles your avatar confronts. But i belive in u modern gladiators
I think you are wrong... it will be all in till the end
Joined: Jun '13
Age: 78 (M)
Here is the answer to the question directly from PS. I was not expecting this at all and hate this kind of structure but it is to late i should have look at it before. However since the tickets i have do not cost me of my money it is not to bad.
Thank you for contacting PokerStars.
Please note the 20K dream team all-in shootout tournament does not require you to play at all, since all players will go all in on every hand. The structure difference refers to the number of players per table. For heads up tournaments a specific number of players is required to ensure that all players have an opponent for the next round. Heads up shootout games have to have 2 - 4 - 8 - 16 - 32 ... players, if we have a game with 30 players, at some point one of the players would not have an opponent and it is not fair to the other participants when a game is already advanced and especially not on an all in shootout event.
In these events, the first tables can have several players and will be played in Zoom format, which means that players will be moved and shuffled at the tables on every hand until the tournament has only 8.192 players remaining. Once this happens, all tables will be heads up until the end of the tournament.
If you have any additional questions or need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again. Thank you for choosing PokerStars.
Joined: Jun '13
Age: 78 (M)
Yes it is all-in all the time but not HU all-in. If you read what i posted the first tables can have several players and played in zoom. So if it is a nine handed table everybody is all-in and only one player continue.
Joined: Oct '14
Age: 32 (M)
Posted by pinotte: Yes it is all-in all the time but not HU all-in. If you read what i posted the first tables can have several players and played in zoom. So if it is a nine handed table everybody is all-in and only one player continue.
Posted by LucasGeo: Do any of the members of BankrollMob win one of these tournaments?
Or at least I won some significant prize that exceeds $ 100 dollars?
I am 18 tournament tickets next Saturday 19 and really do not have too many expectations of winning something
I'm wrong and it is only my impression that these tournaments are arranged and the best prizes are being taken which more play and deposit in the room ...
Only the owner of Pokerstar's knows most i won was 10 in one of these and i am mostly a degenerate free roller /micro stakes player but i think the top prizes go too the players who have earned the most Fpp leading up from the start too the end of the promotion got 26 tickets for Saturday - 4 for the Promotion so hopefully i break even GL.
Joined: Nov '12
Age: 28 (M)
The day came and tournaments played so far and nine not earn a single dollar. Many are yet to play all day every hour, I hope you get something to my cashier but the curse PokerStars times as much. On average must win three rounds to newly enter and win prizes $ 1 dollar. This is a vergazo, other s**t PokerStars