Yesterday the 43rd annual World Series of Poker started with the first gold bracelet event: Casino Employees Championship ($500 buy-in). In total, the 2012 WSOP includes 61 tournaments in all variations of poker, with buy-ins ranging from $500 to $1,000,000 (The Big One for One Drop). 480 poker tables are set up in 125,000 square feet of ballroom space at the Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino in Vegas.
New for the Main Event ($10,000 buy-in) this year is that there will be 3 starting days instead of 4, but with an extra day added for Day 2. Also, the delayed November 9 final table will be played October 28th to 30th.
Besides the Main Event, another highlight this year will, of course, be the $1,000,000 buy-in tournament named "The Big One for One Drop". Already 39 players have signed up for this amazing charity tournament, but the WSOP crew hopes and believes that the tournament will reach its 48-player cap.
Other new tournaments this year:
- $3,000 Heads-Up No Limit Hold'em/Pot Limit Omaha
- $5,000 Mix-Max No Limit Hold'em
- $2,500 Four-Handed No Limit Hold'em
- $1,500 Ante Only No Limit Hold'em
- $560 Doubles No Limit Hold'em (Exhibition)
- $560 Bracelet Bounty No Limit Hold'em (Exhibition)
Click here for the complete scedule