The National Football League (NFL) championship game between New England Patriots and Atlanta Falcons is just days away now! Each year Super Bowl brings the United States to a standstill with its expensive commercials, world-class halftime entertainment acts and, of course, America Football at its very best!
The 51st championship game (Monday, February 6th at 00:30 am CET) will take place at NRG Stadium in Houston, Texas and is expected to attract 140,000 visitors and cost the city $5.5 million. It might sound like a lot but the event is expected to fuel the local economy with at least $350 million thanks to visitors spending money on hotels, entertainment, food and drinks.
Here are some fun facts on Super Bowl 51:
- NRG Stadium is able to hold 71,795 spectators
- Over 100 million TV viewers in America, and many more worldwide
- Average reseller ticket price on Monday was over $6,000
- 30-second TV Ad costs more than $5 million
- $4.7 billion (97% illegally) in wagers will be placed
- Lady Gaga is headlining the halftime show
- Bookmakers hold New England Patriots as favourites to win the final