Betsson Group has announced that it will host its very first Diversity and Inclusion Conference in Malta on June 17, 2022.
The one-day conference aims to connect experts from inside and outside of the iGaming industry to discuss how to create a more diverse and inclusive workplace, where all employees can thrive.
For the first edition of this conference, the chosen theme is "Together We Drive Change."
The conference brings together recognized subject-matter experts, well-renowned academics and researchers, HR professionals, industry leaders and representatives from community and support agencies in one place to speak about important aspects of diversity and inclusion as well as share best practices.
Betsson Group Chief HR Officer Lena Nordin said, "At Betsson Group, we are committed to support and sustain an environment where all employees are welcomed, respected, appreciated, and able to be themselves - without biases based on differences of any kind. We are cultivating a creative environment where we challenge each other and see things from different perspectives. This in turn leads to innovative solutions that help us in accomplishing our mission of providing the best customer experience in the industry."
The biggest iGaming employer in Malta, Betsson Group currently has employees from 60+ nationalities and its workforce is made up of approximately 40% women.
The business case for diversity and inclusion has become stronger than ever. Through the years, Betsson saw a significant increase in employee and customer interest regarding this topic. Companies that address diversity and inclusion matters are more likely to attract and retain great talent, promote innovation and performance, cultivate positive work environments, and enhance the value of their brand.
Betsson believes that in order to succeed, organizations must build bridges respectfully and constructively, creating cultures where everybody feels they belong and can contribute.
Speakers at the Diversity and Inclusion Conference include:
- Prof. Brenda Murphy (Associate Professor, University of Malta)
- Kelly Kehn and Christina Thakor-Rankin (Co-Founders, All-In Diversity Project)
- Dr. Claire Azzopardi Lane (Deputy Dean & Head of Dept. of Gender and Sexualities & Disabilities Studies)
- Joseph K Muscat (Consultant JKM Consulting)
- Pontus Lindwall (CEO, Betsson AB)
- Jesper Svensson (CEO, Betsson Group)
- Peter Ekmark (CEO, Internet Vikings)
- Oskar Mühlbach (CEO, Raketech)
- David Flynn (CEO, Glitnor Group)
- Alexia Frendo (Global HR Business Partner, Kindred Group)
- Avril Morin (Director of People Operations, Gaming Innovation Group)
- Lena Nordin (CHRO, Betsson Group)
- Helen Baker (HR Director Malta, Betsson Group)
- Maria Loumpourdi (Senior Talent Development Manager, Betsson Group)
Betsson's Diversity and Inclusion Conference will be held at the Corinthia St George's Bay in Malta on Friday, June 17 between 09:30 and 16:30 CEST. Places are limited.