Pragmatic Play, a leading software provider in the iGaming industry, has utilized its resources to help many in local communities where its European offices are based, namely in Malta, Gibraltar and Romania.
They made various contributions across several charities and projects that resonated strongly with the teams.
These include the following, among many others:
- Zibel, a Maltese NGO that organizes environmental cleanups to remove waste from the sea floor
- Cancer Relief in Gibraltar
- a Malta-based Foodbank Lifeline Foundation
- a Homeless Animal Shelter in Bucharest
The contributions were remarkably consistent throughout the year and showed a structured and well-organized operation, highlighting how Pragmatic Play are prioritizing CSR.
Some notable highlights from 2021 include:
- A donation on International Women's Day with a €5,000 contribution to the Women for Women Foundation back in March,
- Followed by a €21,000 donation to Metropolis Philanthropic Foundation in May which went towards renovating a children's oncology ward in Romania which has been helping less fortunate children since 2007.
- There was also an £11,000 donation to Calpe House in Gibraltar which went towards providing accommodation and support to Gibraltarian patients and escorts who are sent to London for medical treatment by the Gibraltar Health Authority.
- A €28,000 donation to Maltese Cancer charity Puttinu Cares, with the money going towards renovating apartments in the UK where families can stay while they receive medical care that they are unable to receive in Malta.
The donations from Pragmatic Play have made urgent and life-saving interventions. In October, they donated €20,000 to the Blondie Association, and the money went towards covering the cost of a flight to Palermo for Damian, a baby boy that needed a liver transplant. His mother donated part of her liver to give Damian a chance for a better life, and Pragmatic Play were honored to facilitate such a maternal and loving sacrifice.
Showing that it also cares for animals too, Pragmatic Play donated €14,700 to the Homeless Animal Shelter which cares for abandoned pets and brings them back to health, as well as €6,000 to three different NGOs for animals in June.
The size and variety of the donations that Pragmatic Play has made in 2021 is proof that they value and exercise their role as a responsible corporate citizen. As strong believers in the equality of opportunity for all members of society, Pragmatic Play's charitable acts throughout the year have helped out those who are less fortunate and less able to access the opportunities that many of us would take for granted.