TV Schedule for 2009 WSOP Released
2009, ESPN, Schedule, TV, World Series of Poker, WSOP.
Posted on 19 May 2009 by "M".
ESPN have recently released the TV schedule of the 2009 WSOP and it turns out that only four of the events are on the list, and out of those four event only two are bracelet events.
It is obvious that the Main Event is going to be broadcasted and this year it is going to be divided up into 25 one-hour episodes.
It comes as a surprise that the $50K HORSE event is no longer goingt o be televised mostly due to Scotty Nguyens terrible performance in that event last year. Instead of this event the people at ESPN have decided to show the 40th anniversary $40K No limit Holdem event which is a special event for invited players only.
Here is the full TV Schedule for the 2009 WSOP on ESPN:
- July 28, 8:00 PM ET - Special 40th Annual $40,000 No Limit Hold'em
- July 28, 9:00 PM ET - Special 40th Annual $40,000 No Limit Hold'em
- August 4, 8:00 PM ET - WSOP Champions Invitational
- August 4, 9:00 PM ET - WSOP Champions Invitational
- August 11, 8:00 PM ET - Ante Up For Africa Celebrity-Charity Event
- August 11, 9:00 PM ET - Ante Up For Africa Celebrity-Charity Event
- August 18, 8:00 PM ET - Main Event Day 1A
- August 18, 9:00 PM ET - Main Event Day 1A
- August 25, 8:00 PM ET - Main Event Day 1B
- August 25, 9:00 PM ET - Main Event Day 1B
- September, 1 8:00 PM ET - Main Event Day 1C
- September, 1 9:00 PM ET - Main Event Day 1C
- September, 8 8:00 PM ET - Main Event Day 1D
- September, 8 9:00 PM ET - Main Event Day 1D
- September, 15 8:00 PM ET - Main Event Day 2A
- September, 15 9:00 PM ET - Main Event Day 2A
- September, 22 8:00 PM ET - Main Event Day 2B
- September, 22 9:00 PM ET - Main Event Day 2B
- September, 29 8:00 PM ET - Main Event Day 3
- September, 29 9:00 PM ET - Main Event Day 3
- October 6, 8:00 PM ET - Main Event Day 4
- October 6, 9:00 PM ET - Main Event Day 4
- October 13, 9:00 PM ET - Main Event Day 5
- October 13, 10:00 PM ET - Main Event Day 5
- October 20, 9:00 PM ET - Main Event Day 6
- October 20, 10:00 PM ET - Main Event Day 6
- October 27, 9:00 PM ET - Main Event Day 7
- October 27, 10:00 PM ET - Main Event Day 7
- November 3, 9:00 PM ET - Main Event Day 8
- November 3, 10:00 PM ET - Main Event Day 8
- November 10, 8:00PM ET - Final Table Preview Show
- November 10, 9-11:00 PM ET - Main Event Final Table
15 comments for "TV Schedule for 2009 WSOP Released"
| guille22xt||19/05/2009 14:58:38 GMT|
| I want to see PLO, Horse, Stud, Razz and all the games :S|
Guess ill search them over the internet!
| Fakiry||19/05/2009 15:55:55 GMT|
| At home i only have The Poker Channel Europe, so i think i will only have access to this events with a big delay. But at least i will have the opportunity to watch some of this thrill! The rest i have to search on the net. Perhaps BRM could post the news as events are passing, like it does with others events.|
| Gottfriedx||19/05/2009 17:52:08 GMT|
| Watching the final table only, but that's still miles away...|
Once in a while i'll take peak.
Someone should open a contest who can guess the winner ^^
| shokaku||19/05/2009 17:58:05 GMT|
Posted by guille22xt:
I want to see PLO, Horse, Stud, Razz and all the games :S
Guess ill search them over the internet!
Yep. If this is really all that they will show, it is a huge letdown.
| SpeedMix||19/05/2009 23:23:23 GMT|
| Wow I wish I have 21 !|
| mblitz59||21/05/2009 01:12:59 GMT|
| awesome job dude|
| bl1nd||21/05/2009 07:50:30 GMT|
| Sweet ill be seeing them.... guille they dumpled Razz because it isnt really a game where skill shines. And PLO because it is too complicated for the audiences|
| Tekkes||21/05/2009 14:47:46 GMT|
| Such a shame they won't be showing HORSE 50k, it's way more fun to watch then only NL hold'em. Oh well, i guess we have Scotty to thank for that. |
Well done,... baby
| grlsrvicious||21/05/2009 17:58:41 GMT|
| they should really mix it up imo |
| Jodoli||21/05/2009 22:47:31 GMT|
| I agree with their decision in broadcasting the event with invited players, because i think it would be more interesting to see, specially to those who do not know much about poker. Of course the main event gotta be broadcasted. But 25 episodes of one hour!?!? It is excessive, but thats only my opinion! |
| B1gfoot||25/05/2009 17:48:39 GMT|
| Well I see good news from anouther site, looks like we will all have the cahnce to watch all events, unless iv read it wrong the whole thing will be streamd for us all to enjoy, ESPN360.com and anouther I dont think i can name, now I think ESPN charge, but im sure you are all aware of how the internet works |
| grlsrvicious||25/05/2009 18:57:21 GMT|
| pretty retarded they got rid of all the other games imo|
| vince1501||25/05/2009 22:06:26 GMT|
| Will the WSOP be on the TV-channel NASN?|
| B1gfoot||28/05/2009 09:42:45 GMT|
| PKR have got in to the action saying they will show all.|
| xxxbchxxx||28/05/2009 14:42:42 GMT|
| Errr last time a watched the reruns on bravo and bravo+1|
I'll look over the internet to see if i can get it anywhere else./.
Write a comment:
You must be logged in, to comment on news...