After 5 days of play, it finally came to be poker pro Anton Wigg, 22, from Stockholm, Sweden, who took down EPT Copenhagen and the first place prize of 3,675,000 DKK (about $670,000). Wigg played very well on the final table and it looked like nothing could stop him for a while. However, when the final table was down to heads-up, Wigg had a really hard time against his final opponent Francesco de Vivo.
Wigg was big favorite to take down many big pots against Vivo, but unfortunately the luck wasn't on his side anymore, and suddenly, he was almost out of the tournament. Then everything took a turn again and Wigg started taking down pot after pot. After that Wigg had doubled up a few times, he and his opponent had even stacks again. And after 3,5 hours of play, it all came to an end.
Anton Wigg betted 285,000 on the button. Francesco de Vivo raised to 800,000. Wigg moves all in, Vivo called the all in.
De Vivo: K 10
Wigg: A J
Board: Q 9 Q 2 8
This time the best hand held up. A very well deserved win for Anton Wigg!
Final table results
1. Anton Wigg (3,675,000 DKK)
2. Francesco de Vivo (2,275,000 DKK)
3. Morten Klein (1,400,000DKK)
4. Yorane Kerignard (1,050,000DKK)
5. Richard Loth (715,000DKK)
6. Roberto Romanello (570,000DKK)
7. Morten Guldhammer (425,000DKK)
8. Jesper Petersen (282,800DKK)
9. Magnus Borg Hansen (215,000DKK)