The 2013 GuangDong Ltd Asia Millions (played in Macau, China) attracted 71 players (54 rebuys) who created a massive HKD$119,375,000 prize pool (approx. USD $15,379,600). The final table, which took place earlier today, was a fast paced one as the average stack was only 15 big blinds.
The heads-up match for the title was played between Nicklas Heinecker, from Germany, and Jeff Rossiter, from Australia. Heinecker (a well known online pro) had a 3-1 lead when it all began, but it was still impossible to say who would win the battle as the blinds were so high.
As predicted, it only took a few hands before all chips were pushed into the pot and Rossiter was at risk.
The board ran out K543J and Rossiter was sent packing in second place for HK$24,500,000 ($3,161,290). Heinecker was crowned the champion and received an incredible $34,600,000 ($4,464,516)
Final table results:
1. Niklas Heinecker HKD$34,600,000 (USD$4,464,516)
2. Jeff Rossiter HKD$24,500,000 (USD$3,161,290)
3. Sorel Mizzi HKD$16,100,000 (USD$2,077,419)
4. Zheng Tang HKD$12,525,000 (USD$1,616,129)
5. Isaac Haxton HKD$10,200,000 (USD$1,316,129)
6. Igor Kurganov HKD$8,300,000 (USD$1,070,967)
7. Anson Tsang HKD$7,150,000 (USD$922,580)
8. Pratyush Budigga HKD$6,000,000 (USD$774,193)