The 2015 EPT Malta Main Event final table only took four and a half hours to complete. The fact is that it only took 36 hands of play before UK's Niall Farrell and Bosnia & Herzegovina's Alen Bilic were heads-up for the title.
Farrell, who had a slight chip lead, and Bilic quickly agreed to a deal that secured both a €440k+ payday with €90,000 left to play for. The chip lead changed a few times before Farrell won some decent sizes pots. In Hand #100 of the final table, Bilic decided to bluff all in after missing a flush draw with 82 of hearts on the board A765Q. Farrell called with two pair (fives and sixes) to win the pot and the tournament!
"It feels incredible," said Farrell. "Bilic is a really good player. I've played a lot online with him. He played really tough."
Malta Main Event
Prize pool: €3,157,350
Places paid: 95
1. Niall Farrell (United Kingdom) €534,330*
2. Alen Bilic (Bosnia & Herzegovina) €440,000*
3. Jaroslaw Sikora (Poland) €265,840
4. Giulio Spaminato (Italy) €203,640
5. Rainer Kempe (Germany) €161,340
6. Sam Greenwood (Canada) €125,660
* denotes heads-up deal