The final day of the EPT Barcelona Super High Roller (€50,000 buy-in) starts today at 12:30 p.m. local time. 9 players have made it this far by outlasting 76 other players (total entries 85 players + 14 rebuys) over three days of play.
Although the tournament was all about new guys at one point, several big names are among the final 9 players, including Dzmitry Urbanovich, Steve O'Dwyer and JC Alvarado. However, it is rather unknown poker pro Michael Egan who will lead the way into Day 4.
Egan will bring 5.4 million in chips to the final table and has already secured his first cash outside his home country Australia. Worth mentioning is that the next player to hit the rail will take home €123,600, which is peanuts compared to the €1,224,000 first-place prize.
Seat draw and chip counts:
1. Dzmitry Urbanovich (Poland) 4,325,000
2. Steve O'Dwyer (Ireland) 2,450,000
3. Christoph Vogelsang (Germany) 4,765,000
4. JC Alvarado (Mexico) 2,485,000
5. Byron Kaverman (United States) 495,000
6. Sylvain Loosli (France) 1,200,000
7. Ivan Luca (Argentina) 2,580,000
8. Paul Newey (United Kingdom) 1,035,000
9. Michael Egan (Australia) 5,410,000