Many records have been set during this year's poker festival in Barcelona, Spain. First, Martio Lopez won the largest ever Estrellas Main Event, then Sylvain Loosli won the record-breaking €50,000 Super High Roller, and another two record events ended yesterday: the EPT Main Event and the EPT High Roller. The latter attracted a field of 506 players despite the expensive buy-in of €10,300!
Thanks to a three-way deal in the High Roller, Italy's Mustapha Kanit received €738,759 for his first-place finish (Petrangelo received €592,840 for his third-place finish and Sidhu got €640,000 for second). This was Kanit's second EPT High Roller EPT victory of this year (you can read about the first one here). His most recent High Roller victory brought his total live tournament earnings to $4.6 million, good for the number one spot on Italy's all-time money list!
€10,000+€300 High Roller (single re-entry)
Entrants: 401 (105 re-entries)
Prize pool: €4,908,200
Places paid: 71
1. Mustapha Kanit (Italy) €738,759*
2. Kuljinder Sidhu (United Kingdom) €640,000*
3. Nick Petrangelo (United States) €592,840*
4. Niklas Astedt (Sweden) €336,700
5. Aliaksei Boika (Belarus) €265,600
6. Ami Barer (Canada) €206,500
7. Gerald Karlic (Austria) €155,600
8. Kevin MacPhee (United States) €108,500
* denotes a three way deal