When you have a look at the stats of the British Omaha specialist Ben Grundy you will hardly believe your eyes. He has hardly even had two losing sessions in a row over the whole year and he has been accused of being a "super user" several times (which is not the case). Ben Grundy recently published his results for the year of 2008.
Grundy have played 34 036 hands in 2008 and he has made a profit of $2 605 150 which makes it a nice $7918 profit per day he has been playing.
Just have a look at this graph of his play at 25/50 PLO at Full Tilt Poker during 2008.
And then there is the graph of his play at the 50/100 PLO tables for 2008 that is even better.
Ben Grundy mentions some of his goals for 2009 in his own blog and to say that he is setting the bar high is an understatement.
These are the goals for 2009 that Grundy published in his blog:
- Win $2 million+ online
- Win $500k+ in tourneys
- Cash in a WSOP event in Vegas
- Get involved in some 500/1000 action
- Have a winning year staking
- Play 25000 hands minimum at 100/200+
It will be very interesting to see if he will manage to live up to all of these goals that he has set for himself. Even though he is an excelent cash game player he has been struggling with the tournament play. I would not be surprised if he ended up winning some big PLO tournament in 2009 however.
Last year he had set up 7 goals and out of those he managed to live up to 5 of them.
These were the goals he has set up for the year of 2008:
- Number one aim to practice better bankroll management and game selection. I will not allow myself to make the same mistakes that I did this year
- Play some high stakes cash games in Bobby's room at the Bellagio
- Get luckier in tournaments fail
- Crush the big PL Omaha games online
- Have a winning year at NL Hold'em cash
- Play less poker fail
- Don't lose over 50% of my bankroll in January as I have for the last two years.
As you can see from the goals for 2008 he failed to play less poker in 2008, this is probably because of the enormous hot streak he has been on in 2008.
In his blog Grundy is also telling his readers that he has treated himself to a brand new car, and it's not just any car. He bought the Daytona Grey Audi R8 which is shown in the picture below, pretty decent car.
In the blog he is also saying that he has virtually stopped playing poker online for this year since he just wants to wind down a bit and spend Christmas with his friends and family without the interruption of online poker. He will however make an appearance in some live tournaments during December so he will not be completely cut of from the poker world.