2014 Poker Hall of Fame
Doyle Brunson, Johnny Moss, poker hall of fame 2014, Stu Ungar.
Posted on 25 July 2014 by "T".
The time has arrived. It's the time of the year when the public get to say whom they think should be nominated for The Poker Hall of Fame as the first steep in determining the final inductees.
The Poker Hall of Fame traditionally elects one or two members every year. This year the enshrinement ceremony will be held in concert with the final table of the 2014 WSOP Main Event in Las Vegas (November).
The Poker Hall of Fame is not open to anyone - there are some criterias you have to attain to join Doyle Brunson, Johnny Moss, Stu Ungar and another 43 players who are already a part of this elite group of poker players.
- A player must have played poker against acknowledged top competition
- Be a minimum of 40 years old at time of nomination
- Played for high stakes
- Played consistently well, gaining the respect of peers
- Stood the test of time
- Or, for non-players, contributed to the overall growth and success of the game of poker, with indelible positive and lasting results
2014 Poker Hall of Fame guidelines
- The public will be able to submit a name(s) for consideration via online submissions at www.WSOP.com through August 15.
- On or after August 15, the entire list of submitted individuals will be forwarded to the Nominating Committee, who will be tasked with reviewing all submissions and determining the final list of eligible candidates for 2014 induction. The committee will determine if any others should be added (such as non-poker players who have contributed greatly to the game, any glaring omissions, etc.) and determine the final eligible list.
- The Nominating Committee's final list will be announced in September. Anyone on this list will be forwarded to the official voters, made up of current Poker Hall of Fame members and select media, who will cast ballots to determine the induction class in 2014.
- A finalist ballot will be sent to the current Hall-of-Famers (21 living) who will each rank the nominees in order of preference - ranking only those they deem worthy of admission in 2014. Each Hall-of-Famer will also have the ability to add a write-in candidate, who won't be eligible for admission in 2014, but will automatically be added to the consideration list for 2015. In addition, a select group of media members will also be sent a ballot for ranking the finalists. All votes will be cast in private, with each PHOF and media member entitled but not obligated to keep their vote secret. After receiving back all ballots, the PHOF governing council reviews the selections and helps finalize any tiebreakers or errors.
- The two finalists receiving the most votes, as long as they are a majority, will be inducted during the enshrinement ceremony at the Final Table of Main Event in November, 2014.
8 comments for "2014 Poker Hall of Fame"
| doubletop777||25/07/2014 10:15:43 GMT|
| It will be very interesting to see who joins the legends already in the Hall Of Fame. I always look forward to this every year and the inductees are always worthy of this great honour |
| klash23||25/07/2014 13:41:37 GMT|
| I agree with you doubletop777 .|
What I find peculiar is that in the criteria for being nominated you have to be 40 years old,surely that is wrong when someone who has started at age 18 online and been playing for 10/15 years consistently winning,maybe winning a few bracelets before the age of 25,gaining respect from his peers yet that person cannot be nominated.
I have read about poker players retiring before they are 40,maybe the rules should be updated.
| Heskor||25/07/2014 14:38:12 GMT|
| Yeah hope we get some good people to the Hall of poker fame, maybe go Victor Blom, he is good but the requirements is a bit too far fetch as he is just too young and requirements is to be at least 40 years. I think they put that so people are judged on the long term rather than the short one. Cheers maybe hope we get some good one up there as there are a few that fit this criteria. Anyway have fun at the tables guys and cannot wait for it to be announced!|
Yeah hope we get some good people to the Hall of poker fame, maybe go Victor Blom, he is good but the requirements is a bit too far fetch as he is just too young and requirements is to be at least 40 years. I think they put that so people are judged on the long term rather than the short one. Cheers maybe hope we get some good one up there as there are a few that fit this criteria. Anyway have fun at the tables guys and cannot wait for it to be announced!
| Fakiry||25/07/2014 23:44:21 GMT|
| I remember of some of the discussion about this subject during the last year and the year before, and although people tend to advance with some names, mainly because of their fame and known fortune made at the game, there's a bunch of other factors that players need to acomplish to be in this hall of fame that makes the choice a bit more complex.|
| Theapple||26/07/2014 12:23:02 GMT|
| application sent, i know im not 40 yet but maybe when i turn 40 they will simlpy add me to poker HoF because im that awesome.|
| bowie1984||26/07/2014 16:47:58 GMT|
| Hall of Fame is Hall of fame, this basicaly useless and meaningless like any other hall of fames (Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - goddamn ABBA is inducted - what in the world ABBA gave to the world of rock is beyond me, what a joke) but we can banter about it, like it was something to look for.|
It's not. Gamblers HoF. The only HoF which matters is David HasselHof
| Mipetin||27/07/2014 00:04:55 GMT|
| Always looking forward seeing new faces at hall of fame Maybe one day they have my face on the hall of fame books ! Okay jk but can't stop me from dreaming |
| Macubaas||28/07/2014 07:54:23 GMT|
| I think we need to wait another 20 years or something like that in order to be able to nominate viktor blom in the poker hall of fame...|
There are many names that deserve to be there, i think it's much simple to vote than to nominate. We'll see the results.
Write a comment:
You must be logged in, to comment on news...